Druid Hills a picturesque community in Georgia’s DeKalb County. This affluent, urban neighborhood was designed by landscape architect Fredrick Law Olmstead, who created a community with plenty of open and green spaces. Druid Hills is home to around 15,000 residents.
The Historic Druid Hills neighborhood, which was also designed by Olmstead, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. To get in and out of Druid Hills, drive down Ponce de Leon Avenue, which runs right along the community.
History of Druid Hills, GA
Druid Hills was one of the first suburbs to be developed in Atlanta. Joel Hurt, a prominent Atlanta land developer, commissioned Frederick Law Olmstead in 1893 to create his “ideal residential suburb.” Olmstead, who previously worked on New York’s Central Park and the Stanford University campus, designed Druid Hills as the ultimate idea of suburban living. The project was completed in a few years and paved the way for suburban planning throughout Atlanta.
Druid Hills, GA real estate and property types
The single-family homes for sale in Druid Hills typically consist of generous-sized homes with large lots. These luxury houses for sale in Atlanta, Georgia come in a wide variety of architectural styles, namely Tudor, Georgian, Italian Renaissance, Traditional, Cape Cod, and Mediterranean.
Other property types that you’ll find in Druid Hills are upscale condominiums and townhomes, which are typically located near Emory University. Some of the condominium or apartment communities in Druid Hills are:
- Briarcliff Normandy
- Gables Emory Point
- Marquis of North Druid Hills
- Overlook at North Druid
- Stone Creek Apartments
- The Clairmont
- The Clifton
Living in Druid Hills, GA
- Druid Hills’ linear parks, which are longer instead of wider, are unique to the community. Shady Side Park, Druid Hills Park, and Dellwood Park are just some of the many linear outdoor spaces in the community. These parks are part of the Olmsted Linear Park Alliance and offer scenic walking and jogging trails.
- Druid Hills boasts of cultural attractions such as the Fernbank Museum of Natural History and the Fernbank Science Center. These attractions are packed with exhibits, installations, and activities. The Fernbank Forest, which is part of the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, is a 65-acre forest with over two miles of walking trails and a large collection of native plants.
- Golfing is a serious pastime in Druid Hills. The Druid Hills Golf Club is an exclusive by-invitation-only golf club. The club’s golf course was designed by renowned golf course architect, Bob Cupp. Members can also play a game of tennis at one of the 11 topnotch courts, go for a swim in any of the three pools, or workout at the club’s first-class fitness center.
- Druid Hills is home to the esteemed Emory University, one of the leading research universities of the world. Founded in 1836, Emory University offers excellent undergraduate and graduate programs through its many partner schools and centers.
Find the right Druid Hills home for sale with the help of SET Real Estate Group; contact your go-to team for Atlanta real estate for sale. Get in touch with us today at (404) 348-2372 or info(at)setrealestategroup(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.